Position Summary: The Product Manager bears overall responsibility for the business performance of Proveris products. This responsibility requires thorough understanding of the global life analytical instrumentation market focused on late stage development and quality control, OINDP (orally inhaled and nasal drug products) market and the capability to manage our product portfolio within a matrixed environment.
Success in this role demands a strong blend of scientific and business savvy. From our Hudson, MA facility, the Product Manager leads the company’s efforts in all aspects of product management: including identifying new product opportunities in existing and new markets, identifying new market segments for the existing and new products, and overseeing product lifecycle planning and marketing communications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a sound product life cycle strategy for Proveris products.
- Define and prioritize product features and requirements based on market needs.
- Develop use case scenarios and testing protocols for new product ideas.
- Anticipate trends in market to position Proveris products and services for growth.
- Plan for senescence and obsolescence of established products.
- Work with Development organization to assist with keeping projects on track and
- Create strategic marketing plans for short- and long-term planning.
- Define new markets and market segments for existing and new products
- Conduct and analyze research to define segmentation, differentiation, positioning, and pricing.
- Develop the core messaging for products based on market insight.
- Oversee production of effective collateral to support sales activities.
- Execute comprehensive and on-time product launches.
- Develop and implement promotional campaigns to generate and qualify leads.
- Provide Product and Sales Support
- Represent the Company at trade conferences, scientific symposia and other functions where our products and services are featured.
- Respond to European distributor’s questions on products, applications, and service, in person, by phone and e-mail.
- Carry out training and support for the product line.
- Perform demonstrations, training as required.
- Present technical information at customer sites, and conferences.
- Perform system installations distributor training and customer training in the field. Visit domestic and international customers and prospects as needed.
- Knowledge of and/or experience in pharmaceutical development and related disciplines sufficient to understand and predict market needs.
- Ability to present information effectively, advocate positions and respond to inquiries and complaints both internally and from the scientific community.
- High aptitude to learn new systems/software and retain technical information.
- Energetic, positive, problem solving and results-driven personality with excellent time-management, planning, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Expert level proficiency with Microsoft Office software tools.
- Strong and persuasive technical writing skills for marketing and other documents.
- Bachelor or Master in Chemistry or closely related discipline, Ph.D. is a bonus.
- Requires five to eight years relevant technical marketing or product management experience.
- Demonstrated ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal reporting authority
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative, and able to address customer inquiries and guidance in a prompt responsive manner.
- Professional business acumen and diplomacy skills, as well as effective verbal, written and presentation skills.
- It would be preferable for the successful candidate to be at least bilingual (English should be one of the languages)
Valid US passport and driver’s license needed. Overnight domestic and international travel will average 10-25%, varying in response to shifting business needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment and site conditions.
- Claim ownership of one’s own performance and success.
- Exemplify leadership.
- Preserve confidentiality at all times in accordance with Proveris Confidentiality/Non-Compete Agreement.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance in all interactions.
- Embrace and embody Proveris’s values and principles.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The statements are also not intended to be a contract or a limitation of responsibilities.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.