Job Title: Senior Mechanical System Engineer
Department: Product Development
As Senior Mechanical System Engineer, you will work with members of a multi-disciplinary product development team to create, design, implement, test, and deliver innovative instrumentation technology and automation solutions for characterizing aerosol and spray drug products. Our technology platforms combine motion control, opto-mechanical hardware, imaging, additive manufacturing, sensors, electronic PCBs, software, and firmware into standard setting instruments used by regulatory authorities, pharmaceutical companies, contract laboratories and other organizations around the world.
Proveris is looking for a creative and experienced individual to join our Product Development team and make real contributions on many levels. An ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, high engineering acumen, proven experience building complex products, and ability to think from big picture design architecture down to details of troubleshooting electro-mechanical subsystems and anything in between to get the job done.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must be a strong team player and work closely with colleagues from product development, product management, marketing, manufacturing, and technical support to define requirements and specifications, manage project scope, and deliver relevant work products, enhancements, and utilities for customer success.
- Lead and provide guidance and technical direction to multidisciplinary project teams in a growing, dynamic environment.
- Produce advanced conceptual and detail designs for multi-disciplined instrumentation and consumables.
- Perform Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEAs).
- Organize, participate, and lead design reviews providing technical oversight for both internal and external resources.
- Manage new product development deliverables and provide Engineering interface for Manufacturing.
- Coordinate the design, construction, and implementation of test fixtures for production as required.
- Research, test and evolve best design practices for development and testing.
- Mentor junior/associate engineers.
- Act as vendor technical liaison to support the company’s relationships with technology suppliers as required.
- Good balance of theoretical and practical experience. Must be “hands on” in a lab environment and have experience using relevant lab equipment and a drive to learn our products and be able to run them.
- Electro-mechanical design experience – motors, actuators, drive trains and bearings, imaging systems with ability to prototype mechanisms with prototype electronics, controls, and firmware.
- CAD Skills – Advanced surfacing and master model strategy using SolidWORKS.
- Experience with all major production processes, including additive, plastic, and metal fabrication methods.
- Outstanding communications skills ranging from brainstorming on white boards to writing detailed specifications.
- Proven expertise with first principles analyses and root cause diagnostics at the systems level.
- Track record of delivering on product development projects from design stage to commercial release.
- Energetic, positive, problem solving and results-driven personality with excellent time-management, planning, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s (BS) degree in Mechanical Engineering. Advanced technical degree is desirable.
- Minimum 5-7 years’ directly applicable system development experience.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of mechanical design.
- Significant experience in prototype development and testing, as well as hardware design and analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to devise solutions for unique and complex problems.
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to reprioritize and change programmatic direction depending on emergent requests.
- Significant experience in managing, overseeing, and delivering multiple projects on budget and schedule.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage, and mentor junior team members.
- Advanced communication skills with proven ability to present concepts and ideas in a clear and coherent manner, both verbal and written for presentation and interaction with other technical staff members.
- Experience working within an internationally recognized quality management system such as ISO9001.
Valid US passport and driver’s license needed. Overnight domestic and international travel is not anticipated in this role but may arise in response to shifting business needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment and site conditions.
- Claim ownership of one’s own performance and success.
- Exemplify leadership.
- Preserve confidentiality at all times in accordance with Proveris Confidentiality/Non-Compete Agreement.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance in all interactions.
- Embrace and embody Proveris’s values and principles.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The statements are also not intended to be a contract or a limitation of responsibilities.
* External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.