Job Title: Software Engineer
Date: January 2023
Department: Product Development
As a software Engineer, you will work with members of a multi-disciplinary product development team, to create, design, implement, test, and deliver software and software-based tools to support our system and software products and services. Our products provide solutions for characterizing aerosol and spray drug products. Our technology platforms combine motion control, opto-mechanical hardware, imaging, additive manufacturing, sensors, electronic PCBs, software, and firmware into standard setting instruments used by regulatory authorities, pharmaceutical companies, contract laboratories and other organizations around the world. Our software is Oracle DB centric and enables our customers to operate our instruments, make measurements, prepare reports and other information necessary for them to bring new spray delivered drugs to market.
Proveris is looking for a creative individual who wants to grow with us and enjoys learning about new technologies, applications, and understanding how things work. The individual will be doing software development for our evolving instrument platform software as well as providing tools and procedures to use, test, and maintain our Data Base centric systems. An ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic, high engineering acumen, proven experience building Data Base centric software applications and tools to support them in a client/server architecture and training internal colleagues on those tools and troubleshooting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Learn our industry & user personas to successfully take ownership of features from idea to production.
- Primarily design, build and maintain web applications written in modern web frameworks and implement supporting server endpoints.
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack.
- Follow best practices to write high-quality, secure, maintainable, scalable, testable, and performant code.
- Work closely with product management, marketing, manufacturing, and technical support to define requirements and specifications, manage project scopes, and to deliver relevant software products, enhancements, and utilities/tools for development, service, and operations.
- Proficiency with server-side/mid-tier languages, frameworks, libraries, and related technologies: C#, .NET web APIs, MVC framework, Python.
- Experience with scalable microservices architecture preferably using Docker ecosystem.
- Skills in Database design, modeling, views creation, writing SQL scripts, stored procedures, optimizing queries, etc. Oracle database experience is a plus.
- Should be able to work with different rest APIs and processing the data.
- Should be able to create APIs that others can use to consume data.
- Exposure with and aptitude to learn DBA skills.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization.
- Robust critical thinking skills coupled with a desire for growth, to learn and to engage with peers in technical and design discussions.
- Appreciation for and alignment to standard methodologies regarding object-oriented design, coding standards, RESTful service consumption and integration, common design patterns, secure application development, and test coverage.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or related technology field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a software developer with strong computer science fundamentals including system design, algorithms, and familiarity with microservices or service-oriented architecture (SOA).
- Knowledge of security best practices.
- Demonstrated experience developing production-grade enterprise software.
- Experience working within a quality management system such as ISO9001 would be advantageous.
Valid driver’s license needed. May be required for overnight global travel on a limited basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment and site conditions. Global travel may present the employee with noise, temperature, and/or humidity that deviates significantly from the level of each one associated with a typical open office environment and site.