Job Title: Associate Chemist (100% onsite work)
Date: May 2022
Department: Proveris Laboratories
The Associate Chemist combines real pharmaceutical / biotechnology laboratory experience with the desire to enhance customers’ understanding and use of Proveris systems to develop and characterize aerosol and spray delivered drug products. The Associate Chemist will be executing Proveris’ laboratory activities, including contract testing services. The Associate Chemist is a self-starter and lifelong learner able to assist Proveris’ global customers with laboratory needs in orally inhaled and nasal drug products (OINDPs).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Routinely performs a variety of sample preparation and analysis procedures to quantitatively measure pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or biological matrices via standard analytical techniques (e.g., HPLC and GC-MS)
- Executes laboratory experiments for characterization (spray pattern, particle size distribution and shot weight) of inhalation drug products (MDI, DPI and Nasal)
- May assist senior laboratory staff in execution of complex experiments
- Clean and maintain laboratory glassware and equipment
- Keeps accurate, legible, and high-quality cGMP laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs
- Maintain laboratory inventory and equipment calibration
- Familiar of multiple analytical techniques such as: HPLC, GC/MS, UV-Vis, Inhalation Testing and Biopharmaceutical Testing.
- Ability to interpret data
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- High aptitude to learn new systems/software, techniques and retain technical information.
- Good communication skills, including verbal and written expression and solid listening skills. • Problem-solving ability
- Ability to operate proactively, independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- B.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical science or related applied sciences, or equivalent practical laboratory experience required.
- HPLC and GC experience is desirable
- Direct laboratory experience in cGMP is desirable.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment and site conditions. Global travel may present the employee with noise, temperature, and/or humidity that deviates significantly from the level of each one associated with a typical open office environment and site.
- Have ownership of your own performance and success.
- Exemplify leadership.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times in accordance with your signed Confidentiality/Non-Compete Agreement. • Maintain a professional demeanor in all interactions.
- Maintain a professional appearance with attention to clean, appropriate attire and good grooming practices. • Heed and practice Proveris’s values and principles.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The statements are also not intended to be a contract or a limitation of responsibilities.
|*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.|