Job Title: Associate Application Chemist
Date: Nov 2022
Department: Proveris Laboratories
The Associate Application Chemist combines the eagerness to learn with the execution of routine laboratory testing to meet client needs. The Application Chemist understands and can execute routine spray characterization, and particle sizing techniques. The Application Chemist is responsible for all Proveris’ laboratory activities, including performing contract testing services. The Application Chemist is a self-starter with the desire to learn. The Application Chemist may assist with laboratory admin responsibilities such as ordering and receiving supplies, confirmation of laboratory inventory, and receiving samples.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and understand technical documents, such as protocols, test methods, test reports, and operating procedures
- Perform routine testing following well-defined study plans or methods
- Maintain high quality cGMP laboratory documentation in accordance with applicable regulatory guidance and Site SOPs
- Provide support within the lab to Proveris personnel to assist with applications needs.
- Assist Lab supervisor with coordination of lab equipment preventative maintenance with external vendors. Assist in laboratory admin responsibilities including but not limited to data transcription, ordering, and receiving supplies and samples, and inventory maintenance.
- Demonstrated understanding of applicable techniques such as: HPLC and Spray Characterization Testing.
- Technical writing skills
- Ability to independently perform routine testing
- High aptitude to learn new systems/software and retain technical information.
- Results and time management focus, with excellent attention to detail.
- Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to operate effectively both independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Working proficiency with Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- B.S. in chemistry, or related applied science, or equivalent practical laboratory experience required.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
Valid driver’s license required for occasional overnight domestic travel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment and site conditions. Global travel may present the employee with noise, temperature, and/or humidity that deviates significantly from the level of each one associated with a typical open office environment and site.
- Have ownership of your own performance and success.
- Always maintain confidentiality in accordance with your signed Confidentiality/Non-Compete Agreement.
- Maintain a professional demeanor in all interactions.
- Maintain a professional appearance with attention to clean, appropriate attire and good grooming practices.
- Heed and practice Proveris’s values and principles.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The statements are also not intended to be a contract or a limitation of responsibilities.
*External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.