The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for developing software for Proveris’s spray and aerosol characterization instruments that are used by both regulated and non-regulated customers world-wide. Proveris is looking for a creative and experienced individual to join its team to design and build intuitive and reliable software for its scientific instrumentation including user and hardware interfaces; who is familiar with managing, analyzing, and displaying large amounts of scientific data; who is capable of learning and managing the hybrid hardware / software algorithms at the core of Proveris’s instrumentation; and is experienced with leveraging offshore resources where appropriate for code, test, and software maintenance. The Senior Software Engineer will work closely with Proveris’s team of scientists, engineers and commercial staff to develop new products and expand the capability of the company’s existing products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical leadership developing instrumentation-oriented software applications, data processing algorithms, instrument control logic
- Become the “team owner” of the Proveris software platform architecture and roadmap.
- Follow the Proveris software development life cycle to plan, develop, troubleshoot, document, integrate, and analyze instrumentation-oriented software applications using a team-oriented, Agile approach.
- Maintain and support existing software by providing analysis, enhancements, modifications, and bug fixes.
- Work closely with product management, marketing, manufacturing and technical support to define requirements and specifications, manage project scopes, and to deliver relevant software products, enhancements, and utilities for customer success.
- Manage offshore engineers for detail coding, test, and maintenance of Proveris software platform as necessary.
- Expertise applying reusable, testable, and extensible object-oriented software development methodologies for scientific instruments.
- Solid background in scientific data processing, visualization and statistical analysis.
- Expert-level experience with .NET, C#, C, C++, (LabVIEW a plus) for instrument control and data management.
- Expertise in designing and building user interfaces using .NET and web technologies (HTTP, IIS, JSON, etc.).
- Experience interfacing with PC- and microcontroller-based hardware components and software drivers.
- Experience in developing instrument control/monitoring, motion control and/or machine vision algorithms.
- Experience with software version control systems such as Subversion and Bitbucket.
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle, open source SQlite and PostgreSQL.
- Familiarity with actor/use-case and software data modeling methodologies using UML and other tools.
- High aptitude and desire to learn new systems/software and retain technical information.
- Energetic, positive, problem solving and results-driven personality with excellent time-management, planning, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Physics or related technology field.
- Demonstrated experience developing scientific instrumentation software.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in software development.
- Experience working within a quality management system such as ISO9001 would be advantageous.
- Experience with microcontroller-based embedded hardware and software, including real-time operating systems.
Valid US passport and driver’s license needed. Overnight domestic and international travel is not anticipated in this role but may arise in response to shifting business needs.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to hold, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, or crawl; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
Moderate noise level associated with open office work environment and site conditions.
- Claim ownership of one’s own performance and success.
- Exemplify leadership.
- Preserve confidentiality at all times in accordance with Proveris Confidentiality/Non-Compete Agreement.
- Maintain a professional demeanor and appearance in all interactions.
- Embrace and embody Proveris’s values and principles.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required. The statements are also not intended to be a contract or a limitation of responsibilities.
* External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case by case basis.